- 1 Top 5 Air Purifiers with Washable Filters Comparison
- 2 Washable Filter Air Purifiers Reviews
- 3 Why You Should Invest in This Type of Filtration System
- 4 Maintenance Guide for Keeping the Unit in a Top Notch Shape
Keeping the filters of your air purifier clean means you will increase its performance and you will prevent impurities from reaching back into the air. The models packed with a washable filter are easier to maintain and will reduce your costs in the long run since you will no longer have to buy replacement filters. All in all, these units are a great investment to make.
Top 5 Air Purifiers with Washable Filters Comparison
Washable Filter Air Purifiers Reviews
What makes this air purifier with washable filters such a great option is the combination of three filters that increase its performance in removing air pollutants. The HEPA filter can collect impurities down to 0.03 microns and PlasmaWave technology breaks down odor particles, allergens, and other contaminants. The activated carbon prefilter is the washable one that can eliminate common household odors. With the Smart Sensor and Auto Mode feature, the unit adjusts its speed according to the air quality and there is also a Sleep mode for silent night operating. It’s designed to do an excellent job at purifying the air in rooms that measure up to 360 square feet, so it should be more than enough to handle any room in your home. Best of all, it offers a great energy efficient operation, being certified even by Energy Star for how little it costs to run it.
Honeywell surpassed themselves in manufacturing spectacular air purifiers and this model is no exception. The washable prefilter of this model manages to capture the majority of the impurities in the air and the iFD filter perfects the air cleaning. Although it has an ionizer, the unit doesn’t produce harmful ozone. You will always know when to wash or vacuum it due to the filter check indicator. Being great at purifying areas that span up to 170 square feet, you can rest assured knowing that it will clean the air in your office or bedroom with ease. The 3 different cleaning levels that you can choose from ensure maximum efficiency. Also, we can’t end the review without mentioning the fact that this model is certified by Energy Star. Therefore, it won’t add a lot to the electric bills to operate it.
Envion Therapure TPP240
No doubt about it, this unit is an excellent choice if you need a compact model that can handle large rooms. The semi-spheric HEPA filter is great for keeping allergens and contaminants away from the air you breathe and you can give it a quick rinse to keep it clean. In addition, the product comes with a UV light that kills dangerous bacteria and viruses in the air. With the touch of a button, you can also activate the ionizer that completes the air purification process. It’s Energy Star certified due to the fact that it doesn’t consume much energy when it runs. Know that it is designed to work at its peak when it’s placed in medium-sized rooms. Also, know that it’s backed up by the manufacturer for one year after you purchase it, a period of time during which it will be repaired free of charge.
Honeywell HFD-010 QuietClean
Honeywell makes another appearance in our top with the HFD-010 QuietClean model, a purifier that is both affordable and effective. It features a single filter that is washable and that doesn’t require to be replaced, thus there are no additional costs that you have to worry about with it. Moreso, its highly energy efficient, consuming as little as a light bulb, so you won’t spend a lot of money on operating it. It’s CADR rated 40 for tobacco smoke, 35 for dust, and 55 for pollen. Also, know that it’s designed for use in areas of up to 62 square feet, which makes it ideal for use in bedroom and nurseries. Additionally, the manufacturer backs it up during the first 5 years after you purchase it, so any defects that appear will be handled without any extra charges.
This small air purifier with washable filters is a tabletop unit that can be used in offices or small bedrooms. Despite the small size, it’s a very powerful unit that doesn’t back down when having to remove harmful particles from the air. The permanent HEPA filter is great for collecting mold spores, dust mites, pollen, pet hair, and dander, and when it gets too clogged, you can easily vacuum it. The prefilter, on the other hand, can be washed in order to stay clean and at high filtering standards. Along with the ionizer that maximizes cleaning power, these filters do a great job in maintaining the air clean. Other aspects that make it a tempting purchase are the energy efficient operation and the fact that it’s accompanied by a generous 3-year warranty.
Why You Should Invest in This Type of Filtration System
These air purifiers are, without a doubt, the most effective items to use for cleaning the air you breathe. They come in all shapes, sizes, and types, so you have plenty of options to pick from. Therefore, the question that arouses is why buy a model with a washable air filter? The reason is very simple: for the convenience it provides. The other air purifiers come with cartridges that need to be replaced every once in a while, thus involving further costs, not to mention the fact that you need to look for a specific type of filter.
Every time you replace the filter, you need to find an identical one and some of them are very expensive or need to be replaced very often. The models with a washable air filter are easier to maintain as you can remove the media, wash and dry it, then put it back on. This way, you eliminate the impurities that have already been captured and to prolong the lifespan and the performance of the filter. This doesn’t reduce the efficiency of the air purifier with washable filters because it continues to retain impurities after being washed at the same rate it did before.
Maintenance Guide for Keeping the Unit in a Top Notch Shape
These types of units are not only extremely effective at their task, but they’re very convenient to use due to the fact that their filters can be washed and reused rather than replaced completely after a short while. But there are a lot of other things that you can do to keep them in a top notch shape, and in the following lines, we will show you exactly what you must do to keep such a product up and running for as long as possible.
- Obviously, you have to regularly clean the filters of such a unit. What you must do is to take them out of the device and wash them using water. When they are completely dry, you can place them inside the unit and let it do its operation once again. Just make sure that no more than a week passes before you check on them to see if they need to be cleaned or not, this way preventing a loss of performance caused by clogged filters.
- You have to pay increased attention when you position the air purifier with washable filters as well because it needs room to “breathe”. If there isn’t enough space around the device, its performance will be greatly affected and it won’t function properly, thus not being able to truly clear the air indoors of impurities because of the obstructions.
- Once in a while, you have to inspect the exterior of the unit carefully to see if there’s any dust buildup on it. When it does appear, make sure that you clean the device thoroughly with a cloth, otherwise, it might suffer damage and face a decay in performance.
- Just because you have a purifier, it doesn’t mean that you won’t have to dust ever again, but rather that a big portion of your work will be handled by the unit. To make sure that you will prolong the life of the device as much as possible, it’s necessary for you to keep the area around it clean. This means that you have to pick up dust bunnies yourself, helping the device perform better by focusing on allergens and impurities that you can’t see but that lurk in the air.