- Dyson Pure Cool Link TP02 Ratings
- Product Overview
- Specifications Sheet
- Features and Benefits
- Warranty and Support
- Final Thoughts
- Related Posts
More and more homeowners are becoming aware of the importance of having clean air at home. This is evidenced by the rapid rise to popularity of home appliances such as air purifiers and air washers. With so many models available, it can be difficult to choose one that ticks all the right boxes.
One notable air purifier that stands out immediately, though, is the Dyson Pure Cool Link TP02 WiFi Enabled air purifier. This model offers a unique design that follows Dyson’s clean, sleek aesthetic, but part of that unique design might make for problems in operation. If you’re interested to learn more about this model, read our detailed review below.
- Best for medium-sized rooms
- Unique 360-degree glass HEPA filter with activated graphite is able to remove allergens and odors
- Uses air multiplier technology for higher efficiency
- Features a night mode, auto mode, and timer
- Long-life filter (up to 12 months)
- Certified Asthma and Allergy Friendly
- Sleek, tower design makes it easy to place anywhere at home
- Flawed design allows polluted air to still pass through
The TP02 from Dyson is part of their Pure Cool Link line of purifier fans which are unique in that they can double as both an air purifier and a fan. All the models in this line are similarly designed, with an all-metal frame and a hole in the middle where the air passes through. This particular model is WiFi-enabled which means you can control it using the Dyson Link app on your phone.
Towering at more than 40 inches in height, the TP02 is capable of covering areas up to 300 sq. ft. in size. It uses a unique, 360-degree Glass HEPA filter with Tris-coated activated graphite specially engineered by Dyson. This allows it to remove up to 99.97% of pollutants as small as 0.3 microns in size as well as to eliminate gases like household odors and fumes.
Unfortunately, the TP02 has a serious design flaw: the hole in the middle allows most of the polluted air to pass through untreated. Considering how expensive this model is, you would think that Dyson would put more thought into their air purifier designs. In addition to that, the TP02 is reportedly loud enough to be distracting.
|Specs||Dyson Pure Cool Link|
|Dimensions||7.7 x 4.3 x 40.1 inches|
|Area Coverage||300 sq. ft.|
|Noise Level||Up to 63 dB|
|Filter Type||360-degree Glass HEPA filter|
|Odor Reducing Filter||Yes|
Features and Benefits
- WiFi integrated control – The TP02 is WiFi-enabled and can be controlled remotely using your smartphone by downloading the Dyson Link app. The device automatically monitors air quality and adjusts accordingly. The device will automatically send a report to your Dyson Link app to keep you updated on your indoor air quality and other metrics.
- Dual function system – The TP02 is uniquely designed to double as an air purifier and a cooling fan. You can rest assured that the powerful stream of air is clean and purified.
- Air Multiplier technology – The Air Multiplier Technology used by TP02 increases the airflow 15 times more than that taken in through the pedestal’s motor. This ensures a smoother airflow compared to traditional fans.
- Automatic Night mode – The TP02 is developed with an automatic night mode that allows the device to run automatically depending on the ambient air quality, but only using the quietest settings.
- Remote control – Aside from allowing you to control it using your smartphone, the TP02 also comes with a remote control for added convenience.
- Sleep timer – The TP02 is built with a timer that allows the unit to shut off automatically once the set time has elapsed.
- Filter change indicator – The device automatically alerts you when it’s time to change the 360-degree Glass HEPA filter.
- Air quality indicator – An indicator light changes color depending on what the device is doing. The light is white if the device is still working to achieve optimum air quality levels and lights up green once the desired air quality is met.
- Long-life filter – The 360-degree Glass HEPA filter lasts you up to 12 months when used daily at 12 hours of use per day. This puts it ahead of its competitors whose filters usually need to be replaced 2 to 3 times a year. It also saves you long-term filter replacement costs and keeps device maintenance minimal.
What makes the Dyson Pure Cool Link different from some of the other brands of the same nature is that this one operates with a 360-degree Glass HEPA filter that can remove up to 99.97% of allergens as small as 0.3 microns. It also has a layer of activated graphite that handles common household odors, fumes, and volatile organic compounds.
The TP02 is rated to cover 300 sq. ft., so it would be best to use it in medium-sized rooms. Considering how expensive it is, however, this room coverage isn’t optimal. Luckily, the TP02 also uses Air Multiplier Technology which amplifies the airflow to ensure a steady, powerful stream of purified air.
The TP02 also doubles as a cooling fan. As it works to remove pollutants in the air, it pushes out cool, clean air in any direction you wish. The machine itself intelligently purifies the surrounding air by monitoring its quality and making the necessary adjustments automatically. It then sends a report to the Dyson Link app, which allows users to gain access to the machine remotely.
When it comes to aesthetics, Dyson always delivers. Able to combine design and functionality, the TP02 comes in an all-metal frame that towers at about 40 inches in height. Sleek and domineering in its design, the TP02 is definitely a work of art, making it a good candidate for any type of room decor.
One design flaw noted in a third party study conducted by a competitor was the gaping hole in the middle of the purifier fan. According to the study, up to 92% of the air going through the device would remain untreated because of this hole and the fact that the air intake grill is located on the bottom. This is an important consideration to make especially when you take into account the upfront investment you’ll have to make when purchasing this device.
Warranty and Support
The TP02 is backed by a 2-year warranty which covers parts and labor. Even after the warranty, though, Dyson product owners are still entitled to lifetime support from the company. Note that the warranty may not apply in all cases and will depend on factors such as product use and where the product was purchased.
Overall, the Dyson Pure Cool Link is adequately efficient to take care of whatever air purifying needs you may have, whether for your home or workplace. It may be on the pricier end, but it does get the job done with the help of its unique smart features, WiFi capability, and efficient 360-degree Glass HEPA/activated graphite filter.
It’s important to note, however, that this model reportedly has a serious design flaw that may substantially reduce its efficiency. If your air purifying needs are not too great, then this model should be a decent investment, especially when you take into consideration its convenience and sleek design.