- Fellowes AP-300PH Ratings
- Product Overview
- Specifications Sheet
- Features and Benefits
- Warranty and Support
- Final Thoughts
- Related Posts
For a lot of people, allergies are a common, everyday occurrence. Unfortunately, the experience is always unpleasant and uncomfortable. One of the easiest ways to avoid allergic reactions is to invest in an air purifier.
Air purifiers, especially those fitted with a HEPA filter, are great for removing allergy triggers like pollen, dust mites, pet dander, and mold. However, not all air purifiers are created equal and there are air purifiers that do a better job of removing allergens than some.
One notable model that works great against allergens is the AeraMax 300 from Fellowes. If you’re interested to know more about this powerful air purifier, read our detailed review below!
- Large room coverage
- Long life True HEPA filter
- Automatically adjusts fan speed depending on air quality
- AeraSmart Sensor monitors air quality real time
- Aera+ Mode to remove allergens and prevent colds/flu
- AeraSafe Antimicrobial Treatment prevents microbial growth on the True HEPA filter
- Certified allergy and asthma friendly
- Energy Star certified
- Produces high-pitched whining sound
- Bright control panel lights
- Short carbon filter lifespan
The AeraMax 300 is a powerful air purifier that’s rated to cover areas up to 600 sq. ft. in size. It uses a carbon pre-filter to remove both large particles and odors. It’s also fitted with a True HEPA filter that has AeraSafe antimicrobial treatment to prevent microbial growth. To top it all off, the AeraMax 300 also has a built-in ionizer that uses PlasmaTrue Technology.
Judging by its specifications, you can probably already tell that the AeraMax 300 doesn’t come cheap. If you’re on a tight budget, you might want to look elsewhere. Aside from the price, other things you have to take into consideration with the AeraMax 300 are the bright control panel lights and high-pitched sound it makes when it’s running.
While the price might be a dealbreaker for some, the features and benefits that the AeraMax 300 brings to the table are definitely worth every penny. From automatic fan speed adjustments to real time air quality monitoring, the AeraMax 300 has got it all.
|Specs||Fellowes AeraMax 300|
|Dimensions||8.1 x 16 x 25.1 inches|
|Area Coverage||600 sq. ft.|
|Filter Type||True HEPA filter|
|Odor Reducing Filter||Carbon pre-filter|
Features and Benefits
- AeraSmart Sensor – One of the key features of the AeraMax 300 is its AeraSmart Sensor which monitors ambient air quality real time. The sensor changes color depending on the air quality: blue for good air quality, amber for slightly poor air quality, and red for very poor air quality. What’s even better is that the machine automatically adjusts its fan speed depending on the current air quality.
- Aera+ Mode – When set on Aera+ Mode, the machine runs at maximum performance to cycle the air as many times as possible in order to reduce the concentration of allergens, viruses, bacteria, and other air pollutants in the vicinity.
- AeraSafe Antimicrobial Treatment – The AeraMax 300’s True HEPA filter is treated with AeraSafe Antimicrobial Treatment to prevent the proliferation of odor-causing bacteria, mold, fungi, and mildew on the filter. This helps to significantly prolong the service life of the HEPA filter.
- PlasmaTrue Technology – The AeraMax300 uses PlasmaTrue Technology to create an ionized field that helps to safely remove air pollutants.
- Certified Allergy and Asthma Friendly – The AeraMax 300 has been certified Allergy and Asthma Friendly by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. This further proves its ability to effectively remove allergens and asthma triggers.
- AHAM, CARB, and Energy Star Certified – Aside from the aforementioned certification, the AeraMax 300 is also AHAM, CAR, and Energy Star Certified and is proven to conform to several standards that make it an ideal air purifier.
The AeraMax 300 is a powerhouse air purifier and is easily one of Fellowes’ most powerful air purifiers to date.It comes fully equipped with a carbon pre-filter that removes both large particles and odors, a True HEPA filter treated with AeraSafe Antimicrobial Treatment that can remove up to 99.97% of pollutants as small as 0.3 microns in size, and finally an ionizer that uses PlasmaTrue Technology to safely remove airborne pollutants.
Rated to cover up to 600 sq. ft. of space, it is able to cycle the air in a room that large more than twice in an hour. If you’re looking to use it for purposes of reducing allergens, you might want to consider placing it in a smaller room so that it can cycle the air more times. In fact, it is certified asthma and allergy friendly by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
Its bevy of smart features such as the AeraSmart Sensor and the Aera+ Mode allow you to set it and forget it, making the entire user experience as convenient as can be.
Overall, the AeraMax 300 performs extremely well for an air purifier and works hard to combat pollen, dander, mold, and other allergens floating in your home.
The AeraMax 300 is a hefty air purifier, weighing in at 12 pounds and with a width of 16 inches. It is categorized as a console air purifier and, as such, will need to be placed on the floor. Despite its size, the AeraMax 300 has a very sleek and modern aesthetic, with a cutting-edge touch control panel. It comes in white and should be easy enough to match with a majority of your decor.
Warranty and Support
Fellowes is generous enough to provide users with a three-year warranty for this product. During this time, all defective parts will be replaced or repaired with no corresponding charge. However, any breach of Fellowes’ terms and conditions such as using unapproved filters will result in this warranty being nullified and voided.
The AeraMax 300 is a popular and powerful air purifier capable of removing allergens and other household air pollutants in spaces as large as 600 sq. ft. While its price may be a little high, the AeraMax 300 definitely doesn’t skimp on any features as it is jam-packed with smart features and modes that make using it a breeze.
We definitely recommend the AeraMax 300, especially if you’re someone who suffers from allergies, asthma, or some other respiratory condition.