- GermGuardian AC5350B Elite 4-in-1 Ratings
- Product Overview
- Specifications Sheet
- Features and Benefits
- Warranty and Support
- Final Thoughts
- Related Posts
With so many air purifier models available on the market lately, it can get pretty difficult to choose the right one for your needs. The marketing ploys are hard at work and it can be easy to be misled by false claims made by several big companies.
One air purifier, however, has done what it claims to do and more! The GermGuardian AC5350B is one of Guardian Technologies’ most popular air purifiers because it does its job and does it well! Want to find out what else this air purifier can do? Read our detailed review below!
- Comprehensive air purification system combats all sorts of air pollutants
- Timer function and HEPA filter indicator
- Sleek, space-saving design
- Energy Star certified
- Long warranty
- Small coverage area
- Durability issues
- Relatively pricey
- Blue light is too bright
- Loud on higher fan speeds
The GermGuardian AC5350B is marketed as a 4-in-1 air purifier because it is backed by 4 different air purifying filters: a pre-filter to capture larger particles like visible dust and hair, a charcoal filter to remove odors, a True HEPA filter to remove allergens, and a UV-C light to eliminate airborne viruses and bacteria.
Rated to cover 167 sq. ft. of space, the AC5350B is best used in small rooms — which might be a little disappointing when you take into consideration its price. Another thing you might want to know about this model is that it emits a bright blue light that some users find too distracting. The same can be said about the noise the AC5350B makes when set to higher fan speeds.
Overall, the AC5350B is an excellent air purifier that does what it promises. It’s not without flaws, but when you take into consideration the benefits it brings about, those flaws are easy to overlook. It’s energy efficient, it looks good, and it’s packed with enough features for you to be able to use it seamlessly.
|Dimensions||9.06 x 6.69 x 27.56 inches|
|Area Coverage||167 sq. ft.|
|Filter Type||True HEPA filter|
|Odor Reducing Filter||Charcoal filter|
|UV-C Light Technology||Yes|
|Control Panel||Touch tap|
Features and Benefits
- 4-in-1 Air Purification – The AC5350B relies on 4 types of filters to do its job: a pre-filter, a charcoal filter, a True HEPA filter, and a UV-C light that works with titanium dioxide. These four work together to remove all sorts of pesky air pollutants including allergens, odors, bacteria, and viruses.
- 5 Speeds to Choose From – Deviating from the standard low-medium-high settings, the AC5350B has a whopping 5 fan speeds to choose from. Fan speed 1 is for quiet, sleep mode operation and fan speed 5 is for stronger allergen-removing power.
- Timer Function – The AC5350B also boasts a programmable timer if you prefer to run your air purifier for a set number of hours. You can choose between 1 and 8 hours.
- HEPA Filter Indicator and UV light bulb indicator – The AC5350B has a HEPA filter indicator that lets you know when it’s time to replace the HEPA filter. It will blink once the HEPA filter reaches the end of its service life. The unit also has a separate indicator that blinks when it’s time to replace the UV light bulb.
- Energy Efficient – Another benefit of this air purifier is that it’s Energy Star certified which means it won’t be racking up your electricity bills even if you use it for hours on end.
As previously mentioned, the AC5350B uses 4 filters to tackle different kinds of household air pollutants.
It begins with a pre-filter for removing larger particles like visible dust and pet hairs. It is then followed by a charcoal filter to effectively remove smoke and other light odors. The AC5350B is also equipped with a True HEPA filter capable of removing up to 99.97% of allergens. Each filter needs to be replaced every 6 to 8 months, depending on how often you use the air purifier.
One of GermGuardian’s signature tech is the UV-C light which they combine with titanium dioxide to help break down odors as well as eliminate bacteria and viruses. This makes GermGuardian air purifiers ideal for homes with children and pets because they create a safer, cleaner environment.
The AC5350B is also a good option for those who suffer from asthma and allergies because it is able to cycle the air up to 5 times per hour in a room up to 167 sq. ft. in size. This means that the air gets a more thorough scrubbing and there’s a higher likelihood of allergens being trapped in the HEPA filter.
Overall, the AC5350B is a solid air purifier. This is evidenced by the hundreds of users who have claimed that it has helped tremendously with their allergies and sinus problems. It also does a great job against pet and cooking odors.
Like many GermGuardian air purifiers, the AC5350B Elite 4-in-1 comes in a tower-type design, which is a good thing if you live in a small home where space is at a premium. It takes up very little space, allowing you to position it virtually anywhere at home. The overall look and feel of the AC5350B is very sleek and sophisticated, with a modern-looking control panel to match.
Warranty and Support
GermGuardian is known for its generous warranties, and this one is no exception. Upon purchasing the AC5350B, you are automatically backed up by a five-year limited warranty. During this time, repairs and replacements of parts are free of charge. The one thing to remember is to only use genuine replacement parts of Guardian Technologies. Doing otherwise will result in the warranty being nullified and voided.
GermGuardian is known for producing high quality air purifiers at a reasonable price. The AC5350B is one of their more popular models, capable of removing the most stubborn air pollutants you might have at home. It works particularly well against allergens and odors — two problems that most homeowners face.
While it is far from perfect, the AC5350B is sufficient to combat most airborne pollutants and has benefited several users everywhere.