- Holmes HAP600-U Ratings
- Product Overview
- Specifications Sheet
- Features and Benefits
- Warranty and Support
- Final Thoughts
- Related Posts
Air purifiers come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. The most popular ones are often the console types which usually take up a lot of space. This can be a problem for those who live in smaller homes, offices, or cramped dorm rooms where space is at a premium.
Fortunately, there are air purifier models available on the market that are perfect for those looking to save on both space and money. One such air purifier is the Holmes HAP600-U. Also known as the Compact Egg Air Purifier, the HAP600-U is a small desktop air purifier that’s great for small rooms.
Is this model worth your money? Find out more about this air purifier in our detailed review below!
- No need for filter replacements
- Filter change indicator lets you know when it’s time to clean
- Small and compact
- Comes with an optional ionizer and nightlight
- Easy to use and maintain
- Energy Star certified
- Small room coverage
- No carbon filter, doesn’t work well against odors
- HEPA-type filter is not as efficient as a True HEPA filter
- Operates loudly
- Limited features
The Holmes HAP600-U is a desktop air purifier interestingly shaped like an egg which adds to its appeal. Rated to cover small rooms up to 120 sq. ft. in size, the HAP600-U uses a permanent HEPA-type filter to remove pollutants as small as 2 microns. It also has a built-in optional ionizer to remove airborne particles.
There are, however, some characteristics of the HAP600-U you might want to take into consideration before making a purchase. First off, you can only use it in small rooms, otherwise you risk cutting its efficiency in half. Furthermore, it doesn’t do well against odors because it lacks a carbon filter and it only uses a HEPA-type filter which is a lot less efficient than a True HEPA filter.
Overall, the HAP600-U is a good, budget-friendly device designed for use in small rooms. It doesn’t have many features to back it up, but its permanent HEPA filter and ionizer should be enough for most to curb common allergy-causing pollutants.
|Dimensions||10.8” x 9.5” x 9.5”|
|Area Coverage||120 sq. ft.|
|Filter Type||Permanent HEPA-type filter|
|Odor Reducing Filter||No|
Features and Benefits
- Permanent HEPA-type Filter – The HAP600-U uses a permanent HEPA-type filter that only needs to be cleaned using a vacuum cleaner every once in a while. This helps you save in the long run because you no longer have to worry about purchasing replacement filters for your device.
Depending on how often use it, you may need to clean it as often as once a month or once every 2-3 months. It is recommended to regularly check the filter manually.
- Optional Ionizer – The built-in ionizer in the HAP600-U is optional and can be used to boost the air-purifying capabilities of the device. The ionizer releases millions of negative ions that attach themselves to positively charged pollutants, weighing them down so that they’re no longer airborne.
- Optional Nightlight – The HAP600-U comes with an optional nightlight for individuals who can’t sleep without a little light. It emits a blue light that softly illuminates the room at night.
- Compact and easy to store – One of the most notable features of the HAP600-U is its unique egg shape. Aside from looking charming and aesthetically-pleasing, the unit is also incredibly compact and lightweight making it easy to place anywhere.
Considering how small and affordable the HAP600-U is, it would be unrealistic to expect it to do anything more than what it is meant to do. As previously mentioned, the unit is greatly limited by its room coverage capacity, which means if you use it in rooms any larger than 120 sq. ft., you risk cutting its efficiency in half.
However, its permanent HEPA-type filter and ionizer work well together to sufficiently remove common air pollutants to help users curb allergy symptoms. This is especially true when you use the device close to your breathing space, i.e. on bedside table. Unfortunately, some users have reported the HAP600-U to be very loud, making it a poor candidate for nighttime use. While some might dismiss it as white noise, other might not be so fond of the sound.
Despite a few hiccups in performance, however, the HAP600-U remains a popular device owing to its compact design, affordability, and reliability.
The HAP600-U is a very sleek, compact, and takes up very little space regardless of where you want to place it. Weighing in at only five pounds, you can count on the HAP600-U to be easy to move around and place anywhere in your room, whether it be on the floor, on top of a counter, table, or nightstand. Its patented egg-shape design is also a unique feature, as it adds to the overall aesthetic of your home.
Warranty and Support
For a machine that is conveniently compact and greatly affordable, it is an added bonus that it is covered by a three-year warranty. This agreement covers all factory defects for every part of the device, excluding the filters and other accessories. Any damage through any form of misuse or improper installation of accessories nullifies the warranty automatically.
Overall, the HAP600-U is an easy-to-use device that’s easy on the eyes and easy on the wallet. Of course, there are a few considerations that you need to make before purchasing such as the small room coverage, loud operation, and the absence of a carbon filter.
But putting these small flaws aside, it’s obvious that the HAP600-U is perfect for anyone looking for a small, reliable air purifier that they can place anywhere in their home without worrying that it’ll take up too much space.