The most common household air pollutants that homeowners often face are allergens. Allergens include pollen, pet dander, dust mites, and mold spores. When left unattended, these allergens can trigger severe allergic reactions in those sensitive to them,
One of the easiest ways to get rid of allergens and other air pollutants is to have a high quality HEPA air purifier running at home. The HPA300 from Honeywell is a popular HEPA air purifier specifically designed to combat all sorts of allergens. Its impressive CADR ratings are a testament to its impressive performance.
If you’re interested to learn more about this popular air purifier model, read our full review below!
- Relatively affordable
- Medium to large room coverage
- High CADR ratings
- Cycles the room 5 times per hour
- Built-in timer
- Energy efficient
- Recommended by allergists
- Comes with powerful Turbo Clean setting
- Large footprint
- Controls can be confusing
- No air quality indicator
The HPA300 is one of Honeywell’s most popular HEPA air purifiers owing to its impressive specifications. First off, the HPA300 uses a relatively straightforward 2-stage air purification system comprised of a carbon pre-filter for removing smoke and odors as well as a True HEPA filter to take care of all those pesky allergens floating around at home.
It’s important to note, however, that the HPA300 does come with a few hiccups. Several users have complained of the loud noise that the HPA300 makes, even at the lowest setting. It also takes up a considerable amount of space, so it’s probably not ideal for people with small homes. Users have also claimed that the HPA300 is a little tricky to use due to its confusing control panel.
Hiccups aside, the HPA300 does do an impressive job of removing even the most stubborn allergens from your home. On top of that, its capability to cover 465 sq. ft. of space and cycle the air in a room that size up to 5 times in an hour makes it one of the most impressive and affordable HEPA air purifiers on the market.
|Dimensions||20.08 x 10.83 x 22.32 inches|
|Area Coverage||465 sq. ft.|
|CADR for Smoke||300|
|CADR for Pollen||300|
|CADR for Dust||320|
|Filter Type||Carbon pre-filter + True HEPA filter|
|Control Panel||Button control|
Features and Benefits
- Impressive CADR Ratings – There are only a handful of air purifiers that can match the HPA300 as far as CADR ratings go. With its CADR ratings measured at 300, 300, and 320 for smoke, pollen, and dust, respectively, the HPA300 is fully capable of removing a wide variety of pollutants.
- Performs up to 5 ACH – The more air changes an air purifier is able to perform in an hour, the cleaner the air is. For allergen removal, a minimum of 4 to 5 air changes per hour (ACH) is required making the HPA300 an ideal choice.
- 4 Fan Speeds – The HPA300 uses four fan speeds or settings labeled as follows: Germ, General Clean, Allergen, and Turbo. These settings denote fan speeds with the slowest being Germ and the highest being Turbo.
- Built-In Timer – The HPA300 has 2, 4, and 8-hour timer settings that allows you to set and forget it, especially when you go to bed at night.
- Control Panel Light Dimmer – A useful feature of the HPA300 is the control panel light dimmer which allows you to manually dim the light on the control panel depending on your preference.
- Filter Replacement Indicator – To help you keep track of maintenance schedules, the HPA300’s filter replacement indicator lights up when it’s time to change one of the filters.
At a glance, the HPA300 is obviously a very powerful air purifier. Despite its relatively simple air purification system, the HPA300 handles most household air pollutants with ease. The simple 2-filter system also allows for better airflow into and out of the air purifier, which means the HPA300 works quickly.
The HPA300 can cycle the air in a room 465 sq. ft. in size up to 5 times per hour or every 12 minutes. This allows it to thoroughly remove even the smallest air pollutants such as allergens and bacteria. Overall, this is a very powerful device and can often beat out any other competitor of the same calibre in terms of raw cleaning power.
The HPA300 is a relatively large unit as far as console air purifiers go. Weighing in at 21 pounds and standing at a height of 22.32 inches, the HPA300 has a large footprint. It is also only available in one color (black) and has a unique grille-like design. The control panel consists of just buttons and indicator lights. Overall, the HPA300 has a somewhat dated aesthetic especially when compared to other air purifiers in the same price range and calibre.
Warranty and Support
The good thing about the HPA300 is that it’s backed by a generous 5-year warranty. The warranty applies to the repair and replacement of defective parts as a result of poor workmanship. However, this warranty doesn’t apply to commercial, abusive, or unreasonable use. Basically, this warranty doesn’t count if the damage was caused by you and your use of the product.
With all things considered, the HPA300 is undoubtedly an impressive air purifier. If you’re battling allergens at home and you’re looking for a reasonably-priced air purifier to help you with that, then the HPA300 is one of your best bets. While it may not have all the bells and whistles you might find on other air purifier models, it totally makes up for it in its raw cleaning performance. You can definitely count on the HPA300 to keep the air in your room as clean and as safe as can be.