The Oreck brand has long been associated with high quality vacuum cleaners since its founding in 1963, but it’s about time they get recognition for their air purifiers as well. Oreck air purifiers use patented Truman Cell technology and have a wide variety of applications ranging from office use to home use to personal use. Aside from using cutting-edge technology, Oreck air purifiers are effective, reliable, and durable.
One of their most popular air purifier models is the AIRPCS. If you’re interested in getting yourself an Oreck air purifier, read our review of the AIRPCS here first!
- No filters to replace
- Low long-term costs
- Low maintenance
- Quiet operation
- Good for smoke, odors, and VOCs
- Small room coverage
- Expensive for a desktop air purifier
- Not good for particulate pollutants
The Oreck AIRPCS is a desktop air purifier capable of covering small spaces up to 80 sq. ft. in size. It’s easily the Oreck’s most popular air purifier to date, with thousands of users complimenting it for its performance, sturdiness, and easy-breezy maintenance. Despite being a small scale air purifier, the AIRPCS is powerful and comes with an equally premium price tag.
Of course, the AIRPCS has its flaws. First off, it’s greatly limited by its room coverage of 80 sq ft. At best, this air purifier will only be able to cover your personal space or a tiny room. When you take this into consideration, the hefty price tag this unit comes with might put you off. Another problem with this device is that it doesn’t work too well against particulate pollutants like dust and pollen.
Overall, however, the AIRPCS is a great investment for those looking to cover only small spaces. Additionally, the AIRPCS doesn’t use any replaceable filters — everything is washable or can be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner. So, despite the high upfront costs, long-term costs for this device remain low. It works particularly well against smoke, odors, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs), so if these are air pollutants that you’re dealing with, the AIRPCS is an excellent choice.
|Specs||Oreck AIRPCS Pro Air|
|Dimensions||16.6 x 12 x 5.7 inches|
|Area Coverage||80 sq. ft.|
|Filter Type||Pre-filter + Truman Cell Technology + Activated Carbon filter + Ionizer + Oxygenator|
|Control Panel||Button control|
Features and Benefits
- 6-stage Air Purification System – The 6-stage air purification system of the AIRPCS uses varied air purifying technology that’s capable of handling all sorts of air pollutants including smoke, odors, allergens, etc.
- Truman Cell Technology – A unique feature of the AIRPCS is that it uses Oreck’s signature Truman Cell Technology. It’s basically electrostatic precipitation wherein the positive charging wires attract the pollutants and collect them on the particle collecting plate. Unlike HEPA filters, the Truman Cell never needs to be replaced and will only need to be cleaned periodically.
- Clean Filter Indicator – The AIRPCS uses an indicator to let you know when it’s time to clean the collecting plate and another indicator that lets you know when it’s time to clean the carbon filter.
- Nightlight – The AIRPCS comes with an optional nightlight for to provide gentle illumination throughout the night.
- Fragrance Cartridges – Another unique feature of the AIRPCS is that it comes with a fragrance cartridge for not only clean but also fragrant air.
- 3 Fan Speeds – There are 3 fan speeds to choose from: Silence, Medium, and High. Select any of the three depending on your needs.
The AIRPCS uses a highly efficient 6-stage air filtration system starting with a pre-filter, followed by positive charging wires, a particle collecting plate, an activated carbon filter, ionizer, and an oxygenator or ozone generator. Oreck refers to the positive charging wires and particle collecting plate singularly as Truman Cell technology or electrostatic precipitation. Needless to say, the AIRPCS is fully-equipped to handle a wide array of household air pollutants.
Despite that, however, the AIRPCS has below average CADR ratings for smoke, pollen, and dust which is only at 52. This means that the AIRPCS is only suitable for use in very small rooms or just your personal breathing space. Consumers have also claimed that the AIRPCS doesn’t handle dust and other particulate pollutants very well.
It does remove smoke, odors, and VOCs quite impressively with its trusty odor filter. If odors are a problem at home, we highly recommend this device.
The AIRPCS lies horizontally and has a width of about 14 inches. It will fit just right on most desks or tabletops. One thing to note with this device, however, is that it has a relatively dated design. It also looks quite bulky, despite being a desktop air purifier. Overall, however, the AIRPCS is made from very durable materials and should last you a long time.
Warranty and Support
The AIRPCS is backed by a 3-year limited warranty from Oreck. This warranty covers the repair or replacement of any part of the device that is found to be defective in material or workmanship within the warranty period. The Truman Cell, on the other hand, is covered by a lifetime warranty. Note that these warranties apply only to residential models. Models used commercially are only backed by a 1-year warranty overall.
If you’re a fan of Oreck vacuum cleaners, then you might want to consider trying out the Oreck AIRPCS. Marked by the same Oreck quality, it’s a good entry-level air purifier especially for those looking to try having one in their home or office. Its features and robust air filtration system make it an attractive air purifier despite the relatively steep price tag. Overall, it’s an excellent (and sturdy!) product to have in your home.