- Philips 1000 AC1213/40 Ratings
- Product Overview
- Specifications Sheet
- Features and Benefits
- Warranty and Support
- Final Thoughts
- Related Posts
Philips 1000 AC1213/40 Ratings
PERFORMANCE - 91%
FEATURES - 92%
DESIGN - 90%
ENERGY EFFICIENCY - 95%
What we like the most about this product is that it is an Energy Star certified product, which means that it will use just a little electricity for operating. The only disadvantage is that it cannot be used in large rooms, only in small to medium ones.
When it comes to household appliances, Philips has undoubtedly become a household name. Popular for their wide array of products, Philips has established itself as the go-to brand for homeowners everywhere.
As they expand their market reach, Philips has developed a new line of top-notch products: air purifiers. One of the first air purifiers they released was the Philips 1000 AC1213/40. Capable of removing common household air pollutants, the AC1213/40 is a useful device to have at home. But is it worth the investment? Read our review to find out!
- Uses AeraSense technology that detects pollution and automatically adjusts according to indoor air quality
- Visual and numerical air quality indicators
- Energy Star certified for energy efficiency
- Quiet operation
- Sleek, space-saving design
- Dedicated auto modes for different preferences
- Auto shut off when filter has reached the end of its service life
- Expensive (upfront and long-term)
- Replacement filters are difficult to find
- Small coverage area
The Philips 1000 AC1213/40 utilizes a 3-stage air filtration system, beginning with a permanent pre-filter, an activated carbon filter, and a True HEPA filter. While nothing particularly special, this system is more than sufficient to remove a majority of air pollutants that plague most homes.
Unfortunately, this model will cost you a pretty penny — despite having a relatively small coverage area. Furthermore, long-term costs remain high due to its costly replacement filters that will need to be replaced as often as twice a year. Aside from being very expensive, these replacement filters are also incredibly difficult to find.
Despite having those issues, the AC1213/40 has a lot of desirable features such as its AeraSense Technology which detects air quality and adjusts fan speed accordingly. In addition, it has 3 auto modes to choose from on top of the 4 manual fan speed adjustment settings. Overall, it’s still a pretty robust device.
|Specs||Philips 1000 AC1213/40|
|Dimensions||10.1 x 14.6 x 23.7 inches|
|Area Coverage||200 sq. ft.|
|Noise Level||32 – 62 dB|
|Filter Type||Pre-filter, True HEPA filter|
|Odor Reducing Filter||Activated Carbon filter|
|Timer Function||Yes (12 hours)|
Features and Benefits
- AeraSense Technology – The highlight of the AC1213/40 is its use of AeraSense Technology which detects air quality real time and communicates the information to the air purifier to allow it to adjust its fan speed accordingly.
- Air quality indicator – The AeraSmart Technology works with an air quality indicator on the unit’s control panel to display air quality levels on a scale of 1-12 with 1 being the best air quality and 12 being the worst. Aside from this numerical scale, there is also a color ring that changes color depending on the air quality: blue (good air quality) and red (poor air quality).
- 3 Auto Modes – There are 3 auto modes to choose from on the AC1213/40: General Mode, Allergen Mode, and Night Sense Mode. On General Mode, it runs automatically by itself depending on the current air quality. On Allergen Mode, it works on the highest fan speed to capture as many allergens as fast as possible. Finally, on Night Sense Mode, it automatically dims control panel lights and switches to the lowest fan speed when the room is dark to ensure a restful night’s sleep.
- 4 Fan Speeds – Aside from the 3 Auto Modes, there are 4 fan speeds to choose from: Speed 1, 2, 3, and Turbo Speed. For ultra-quiet operation, choose Speed 1. For heavy-duty air purification, choose Turbo Speed.
- Auto Shut Off – An interesting feature of the AC1213/40 is that it automatically shuts off when one of the filters has reached the end of its service life and needs to be replaced.
- Long-life filters – Compared to most air purifiers, the AC1213/40 works with relatively long-life filters with the HEPA filter lasting up to 12 months and the activated carbon filter lasting up to 6 months.
- Energy Star Certified – The AC1213/40 is also Energy Star certified so you can rest assured that it’s as energy efficient as possible and won’t rack up your electricity bills.
In terms of performance, the AC1213/40 doesn’t disappoint. Running at a quiet 32 dB on the lowest fan speed, the AC1213/40 uses its permanent pre-filter to capture larger, visible particles like pet hairs and dust. The activated carbon filter then removes smoke, light odors, and the like. Finally, we have the True HEPA filter to remove allergens, bacteria, and viruses. It has been proven to help prevent the spread of the influenza virus and Staphylococcus albus.
One of the key features of this device is the AeraSense Technology it uses to provide real time feedback on your ambient air quality. Best of all, it communicates this information to the device so it can adjust its fan speed accordingly. This makes it easy and convenient to use.
Aside from automatic fan speed adjustments, you can also count on the AC1213/40 to provide a more customized experience by having 4 fan speeds and 3 smart modes to choose from. We’ll explore these features further in the section below!
Philips has long been known for designing sleek and modern-looking appliances and the AC1213/40 is no different. Standing at over 23 inches tall and 14 inches wide, the unit doesn’t take up too much space. With its smooth edges, unique front panel design, and cutting-edge touch control panel, the overall look and feel of the AC1213/40 is very high quality and premium.
Warranty and Support
This model is covered by a two-year limited warranty, which means that the manufacturer will cover replacements or repairs for defective or faulty materials and workmanship. However, Philips will not cover the use of replacement parts that are not authorized, and essentially nullifies and voids the warranty agreement.
The Philips brand has long established itself as a leader in the home appliance industry and this is evident in how they developed the AC1213/40. The AC1213/40 is a robust air purifier that’s well-designed, convenient, easy-to-use, and effective at removing all sorts of air pollutants. Sure, you might have to shell out a little more cash with this device, but the developers over at Philips has made sure that you get every bang for your buck with the AC1213/40.
Honeywell HPA300 ReviewJuly 19, 2019
Honeywell AirGenius 5 HFD320 ReviewJuly 18, 2019
Oreck AIRPCS ReviewJune 7, 2019
Alen FIT50May 1, 2019