- SereneLife PSLAPU35 Ratings
- Product Overview
- Specifications Sheet
- Features and Benefits
- Warranty and Support
- Final Thoughts
- Related Posts
Regardless of how often or how thoroughly you clean your home, there’s no escaping the threat of household air pollutants. These pollutants include allergens, bacteria, odors, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that cannot be eliminated by cleaning alone.
To remove these stubborn air pollutants, what you need is a powerful and reliable air purifier. One great example is the SereneLife PSLAPU35 which utilizes four cleaning stages to ensure optimum air quality for you and your family at home. However, before you go out and purchase this device, make sure you read through our in-depth review below!
- Timer and filter change indicator
- Best suited for medium-sized room
- Built-in ventilation fan for extended airflow
- Operates quietly
- Clean, sleek aesthetic
- Compact, small enough to use on tabletop
- Filters are expensive and difficult to find
- Short filter lifespan
- Short warranty
- Not good with smoke odors
The PSLAPU35 from SereneLife is a simple, straightforward air purifier that’s capable of scrubbing the air in areas up to 430 sq. ft. in size. It does this using three types of filters: a pre-filter, a HEPA filter, and an activated carbon filter. It also operates with a UV-C light bulb that catalyzes the titanium dioxide to help break down pollutants.
Unfortunately, as great as these filters may seem, they fall short in terms of affordability, availability, and lifespan. On average, the filters will need to be replaced 2 to 3 times a year, depending on your usage. Furthermore, the replacement filters are expensive and are incredibly difficult to find.
What makes the PSLAPU35 such an attractive choice is that it’s affordable and comes in a clean, white design that will undoubtedly blend in with whatever type of home decor you may have. It operates quietly, only producing up to 50 dB of noise even on the highest setting. It also has 3 fan speeds to choose from, a filter change indicator, and a pre-programmed timer.
|Dimensions||12.8 x 6.4 x 16.1 inches|
|Area Coverage||430 sq. ft.|
|Noise Level||30 dB – 50 dB|
|Filter Type||Pre-filter, HEPA filter|
|Odor Reducing Filter||Yes|
|Control Panel||Touch control|
|Timer Function||Yes (2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours)|
Features and Benefits
- Ventilation Fan – The PSLAPU35 comes with a built-in ventilation fan designed to help extend airflow and reach all the nooks and crannies of your home. This ensures that the maximum amount of air is scrubbed clean by the machine.
- Filter Change Indicator – The unit comes with a filter change indicator that lights up when it’s time to switch out your filters. Filters can last anywhere between 90 to 180 days depending on how often you use the unit.
- Quiet Operation at 3 Fan Speeds – There are 3 fan speeds to choose from: low, medium, and high. You’re free to choose one depending on your air purification needs. Rest assured that the PSLAPU35 works very quietly, regardless of your chose fan speed.
- UV-C Light and Titanium Dioxide Treatment – The PSLAPU35 comes with a built-in UV-C light bulb that reacts with titanium dioxide on the filters. This reaction helps eliminate pollutants such as chemicals or VOCs.
- Pre-programmed Timer – Unlike most air purifiers at this price point, the PSLAPU35 comes with a pre-programmed timer that you can set to run at 2 hours, 4 hours, or 8 hours depending on your needs.
The SereneLife PSLAPU35 operates using three filters: a pre-filter that captures larger particles, a HEPA filter that supports it by trapping pet dander, dust mites, pollen and other allergens, and an activated carbon filter that absorbs odors, as well as other hazardous gases and VOCs. Aside from these 3 filters, the PSALPU35 also has a UV-C light bulb which is used to catalyze the titanium dioxide which will eliminate odors caused by smoke, cooking, and pets.
At a glance, you can already tell the PSLAPU35 is fully equipped to handle an array of different household air pollutants including cooking odors and pet odors. However, it reportedly struggles to remove odors associated with smoke.
One key feature of the PSLAPU35 that gives a dramatic boost in performance is its built-in ventilation fan that facilitates extended airflow to ensure that the entire room it is placed in is covered.
The PSLAPU35 is only available in white and comes in sleek plastic frame. Weighing in at roughly 10 pounds, the PSLAPU35 isn’t too big of a device and is in fact small enough to be placed on a countertop or other stable surface.
There aren’t any flashy designs or bright LED panels to catch your attention, but that adds to the beauty and simplicity of the device. Instead, there are just few indicator lights and touch buttons to control it. In terms of both features and design, the PSLAPU35 is as straightforward a device as you can get!
Warranty and Support
The SereneLife PLSAPU35 is covered by a 1-year limited warranty. Under this agreement with the manufacturer, defects in the unit’s material or workmanship are covered, and repairs and replacements are free of charge throughout this time period. However, there is also an additional three-month warranty extension offered for those who write an online review for the product.
If you are looking for an uncomplicated and practical air purifier, SereneLife’s PSLAPU35 would be an attractive, cost-efficient option. Despite its modest price, the PSLAPU35 is fully equipped to help you combat the most common air pollutants that may be in your home.
Although it does have some notable flaws that you need to take into consideration before making a purchase, we highly recommend you try the PSLAPU35 for yourself as it has benefited several homeowners everywhere!