- AllerAir 5000 Exec HEPA Ratings
- Product Overview
- Specifications Sheet
- Features and Benefits
- Warranty and Support
- Final Thoughts
- Related Posts
Most air purifiers available on the market today are capable of handling common air quality concerns. Unfortunately, some homes are plagued by more stubborn and more harmful air pollutants that regular air purifiers can’t handle.
Toxic fumes such as volatile organic compounds and other chemical vapors that come from building materials, carpets, drapes, and other household materials are common in many homes. While low in concentration, long-term exposure to these fumes can cause damage to your kidneys, liver, and nervous system.
If you’re worried you might have these air pollutants at home, you might want to consider purchasing the AllerAir 5000 Exec — an air purifier specially designed to combat stubborn air pollutants. Read our in-depth review on this heavy-duty air purifier below!
- Excellent for removing odors and chemical vapors
- Utilizes medical-grade HEPA filter
- Large room coverage
- Ideal for heavy duty applications
- Long warranty
- Long life filters
- Durable and easy to use
- Casters for easier mobility
- Expensive (upfront and long-term)
- No smart features or modes
- Heavy, bulky, not aesthetically pleasing
The AllerAir 5000 Exec (now known as the AllerAir AirMedic Pro 5) is one of the most powerful air purifiers you can buy. Rated to cover up to 1500 sq. ft. of space, the 5000 Exec comes with a medical-grade HEPA filter capable of removing up to 99.97% of air pollutants as small as 0.3 microns as well as 18 lbs of carbon to take care of even the most stubborn VOCs and odors.
Right off the bat, you can already tell that this is an expensive device — costing up to three times as much as the average air purifier! On top of that, replacement filters for this device are quite expensive, adding up to higher long-term costs. Another flaw is that it doesn’t have any features or modes that could help justify such a costly air purifier.
Considering the benefits and protection the 5000 Exec can give your family, it’s definitely an investment you should be willing to make. With its long-life filters, reliability, durability, and effectiveness, choosing this air purifier is a no-brainer!
|Specs||AllerAir 5000 Exec HEPA|
|Dimensions||18 x 18 x 25 inches|
|Area Coverage||1500 sq. ft.|
|Noise Level||50 dB – 75 dB|
|Filter Type||HEPA filter|
|Odor Reducing Filter||18 lbs activated carbon|
Features and Benefits
- Medical-Grade HEPA for allergens – The 5000 Exec uses a medical-grade HEPA filter capable of removing up to 99.97% of allergens and other pollutants as small as 0.3 microns in size. This gives your families additional protection against allergy triggers like pollen, mold, dust mites, and other allergens.
- 18 lbs Activated Carbon – Activated carbon is known to be effective against the removal of volatile organic compounds such as formaldehyde, benzene, and acetone. These VOCs are not visible and can easily go by undetected. The main feature of the 5000 Exec is the 18 lbs of activated carbon it uses to combat even the most stubborn toxic fumes.
- Long-life Filters – The filters that the 5000 Exec uses last longer than most filters on other air purifier brands. Its activated carbon filter lasts anywhere between 2 to 3 years and its HEPA filter lasts anywhere between 3 to 5 years. This will help you save more long-term.
- Industry-Leading Warranty – AllerAir offers industry-leading warranties with the 5000 Exec being backed by a 10-year warranty.
- CARB Compliance – The 5000 Exec is compliant and ARB-certified in California.
When it comes to performance, the 5000 Exec definitely delivers. Its air purification system starts of with a highly efficient medical-grade HEPA filter that is capable of trapping allergens such as pollen, dust mites, mold spores, and dander. This automatically makes it an ideal choice for both home and hospital applications.
The main feature of the 5000 Exec, however, is the 18 lbs of activated carbon it uses to support its entire air purification system. Activated carbon has long been used in air purifiers to aid in odor removal. However, the activated carbon in standard air purifiers are often insufficient to effectively remove odors, let alone remove VOCs.
In contrast, the 5000 Exec has so much activated carbon that it is able to effectively clear the air of harmful and potentially toxic fumes that could cause serious diseases in the long-run. While it may not have as many bells and whistles as other, more affordable air purifiers in the market, you can definitely count on this no-nonsense air purifier to get the job done regardless.
Design-wise, the 5000 Exec isn’t anything to go crazy about. It has a pretty plain aesthetic with its cylindrical shape and casters. It does, however, come in different colors: black, grey, white, sandstone, and copper.
One thing to take into consideration is the size of this device. It is quite large so you probably won’t be able to use it in areas where space is at a premium. Mobility shouldn’t be too much of a problem, however, because of its casters.
Warranty and Support
This unit is covered by a 10-year limited warranty. For the first five years upon purchase, manufacturers will cover the costs for both the repair and replacement of parts, as well as the labor that it entails. However, only the parts will be free of charge during the last five years.
If odors and VOCs are a concern for you, then the AllerAir 5000 Exec is an air purifier you should consider investing in. While it does come quite expensive, it doesn’t skimp on what really matters when it comes to air purification: efficiency, reliability, and durability. Built like a machine, you can count on the 5000 Exec to serve you for years to come and help keep your family safe from the harmful effects of indoor air pollution.