- Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K Ratings
- Product Overview
- Specifications Sheet
- Features and Benefits
- Warranty and Support
- Final Thoughts
- Related Posts
With more and more homes being affected by air pollution, air purifiers have become a household staple for homeowners everywhere. This is because air purifiers provide a cost-effective solution against the problem of indoor air pollution by being able to remove the most common household air pollutants.
Several air purifier models are released yearly, but one old model has kept in step with modern air purifiers — the Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K. While it might not look like it, the AP51030K has proven time and again that it’s one of the most effective and reliable air purifiers on the market. Find out why in our in-depth review below!
- Ideal for removing allergens and smoke odors
- Large coverage area
- Quiet operation
- High CADR ratings
- Long warranty
- Energy efficient
- Easy to use and maintain
- Large, bulky, dated design
- Short filter life
- Lack of dedicated carbon filter
The Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K has long been the go-to air purifier for homeowners since its initial release back in 2010. Even with newer versions of this model available, the AP51030K remains to be a reliable choice for most home applications. It is rated to cover large spaces up to 490 sq. ft. in size, relying on a carbon pre-filter and a HEPA filter to remove impurities.
One downside to this model is its upfront price. Considering its specifications and dated aesthetic, the AP51030K should come cheaper than it does. Furthermore, the filters that the AP51030K uses don’t last very long and need to be replaced as often as every 2 to 3 months.
Despite being a little expensive to own, the AP51030K does check all the right boxes when it comes to finding the right air purifier: large room coverage, quiet operation, high CADR ratings, and a long warranty to back you up. Overall, the AP51030K is a robust air purifier that’s worth the investment.
|Specs||Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K|
|Dimensions||20.5 x 10 x 24.13 inches|
|Area Coverage||490 sq. ft.|
|CADR for Smoke||315|
|CADR for Pollen||401|
|CADR for Dust||325|
|Noise Level||43-44 dB|
|Filter Type||True HEPA filter|
|Odor Reducing Filter||Charcoal pre-filter|
|Control Panel||Touch buttons|
Features and Benefits
- 4 Fan Speeds – The AP51030K uses 4 fan speeds: low, medium, high, and turbo. You can choose among these fan speeds depending on your current air quality. For more heavy duty air purification, the turbo speed cleans the air the fastest but note that it is also loudest on this setting.
- Control Lock Feature – This feature allows you to lock in your preferred settings so that you don’t have to set up the device again whenever you turn it on or if there’s a power interruption.
- Sleep Mode – On sleep mode, the AP51030K runs on the lowest setting for 8 hours to ensure continued air purification as you sleep. After the 8 hours is up, it automatically resets to the previous settings.
- Filter check indicators – One interesting feature of the AP51030K is its filter check indicators. It has two: one for the charcoal pre-filter and one for the HEPA filter. What makes it interesting is that it allows you to monitor the status of your filters from NEW to REPLACE so you know the how your filters are doing even without looking at them.
- Easy use and maintenance – Overall, the AP51030K is an air purifier that’s easy to use and maintain. The controls on the control panel are easy to understand and it doesn’t require any complex maintenance procedures other than filter replacements.
In terms of performance, the AP51030K definitely doesn’t disappoint. This is evidenced by its high CADR ratings for smoke, pollen, and dust which are 315, 401, and 325, respectively. These numbers are very impressive, considering the fact that they’re much higher than those of other air purifier models.
CADR ratings aside, the AP51030K is also equipped with a charcoal pre-filter and a True HEPA filter which both help with the removal of odors, smoke, and common allergens. Many users sing praises for this device and report relief from allergy symptoms when using it. On top of that, you can count on the AP51030K to run very quietly, producing no more than 44 dB of sound.
Given its 20.5 x 10 x 24.13-inch frame, storing the hefty Whispure AP51030K inside spacious areas is a non-issue. However, if you are living or working in a cramped space, finding a spot for it can be a problem.
Nonetheless, it can fit perfectly next to the couch in a living room or by the foot of a desk in an office. Aesthetically, it is quite dated compared to many other brands out there. But for those who are fans of the classic look, this should be an instant favorite.
Warranty and Support
The five-year warranty deal with Whirlpool and the Whispure AP51030K is rather different from other brands in the market today. During the first year, repairs and replacements are free of charge, provided that the unit was properly maintained. HEPA filter replacements are not included.
From the second through fifth years, the air purifier motors will be covered by the same deal. However, the manufacturer will not shoulder costs on unauthorized replacements, and damage resulting from improper packing.
Ultimately, the Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K is a great addition to a home or office. The classic look may throw you off a bit especially if you live in a home with modern interior design, but its air purifying capabilities, CADR ratings, and overall performance are good trade-offs to have.
While the upfront costs might be a little off putting, this one-time expense is balanced out with its energy efficiency and lengthy warranty. Putting all of these together, it can be concluded that owning the AP51030K would be a sound investment to make.