- Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier Ratings
- Product Overview
- Specifications Sheet
- Features and Benefits
- Warranty and Support
- Final Thoughts
- Related Posts
See our review of the newer version: Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier
The air purifier market is rapidly expanding due to the rise in demand from homeowners all over the world. With more people being aware of the importance of good indoor air quality, several different brands and models for air purifiers pop up annually, making choosing one all the more difficult.
However, one popular model has consistently stayed at the top of the market: the Winix 5300-2 air purifier with PlasmaWave Technology. Winix is known for producing high quality air purifiers backed by cutting-edge technology. The 5300-2 is one of Winix’s first, most successful models. To find out more about this product, read on!
- Reasonably priced
- Good room coverage
- Good CADR ratings
- Quiet operation
- Air quality sensor
- Auto mode and sleep mode
- Filter replacement indicator
- Energy efficient
- Short warranty
- Expensive replacement filters
- Short filter lifespan
The 5300-2 was one of Winix’s first flagship models and definitely one of the most successful. Rated to cover areas up to 360 sq. ft. in size, the 5300-2 employs a three-filter air purification system comprised of a washable pre-filter, an AOC carbon filter, and a True HEPA filter. On top of that, you get to enjoy the benefits of its built-in PlasmaWave ionizer.
One thing you need to take into consideration when purchasing this product is its filters. Winix’s replacement filters tend to be expensive, adding up to a hefty sum long-term. On top of that, its carbon filter doesn’t last very long, averaging only 3 months at best. Furthermore, it’s backed only by a short 1-year warranty.
However, when you take all things into consideration, the 5300-2 gives you more bang for your buck. A mid-priced air purifier, the 5300-2 is packed with smart features that make using it easy, hassle-free, and convenient. Aside from having great features, it also has impressive CADR ratings and a decent room coverage to ensure optimal air quality at home!
|Specs||Winix PlasmaWave 5300-2|
|Dimensions||14.9 x 7.8 x 23.6 inches|
|Area Coverage||360 sq. ft.|
|Noise Level||55 dB (max.)|
|CADR for Dust||243|
|CADR for Pollen||246|
|CADR for Smoke||183|
|Filter Type||Pre-filter, True HEPA filter|
|Odor Reducing Filter||Advanced Odor Control (AOC) Carbon Filter|
|Control Panel||Touch tap|
Features and Benefits
- PlasmaWave Technology – The 5300-2 is fully equipped to handle even the most stubborn household air pollutants with its built-in ionizer that uses Winix’s patented PlasmaWave Technology. This technology can break down allergens, odors, chemical vapors and other pollutants without producing any harmful ozone.
- Air Quality Indicator – It also has an air quality indicator on its control panel that changes color depending on three air quality levels: Blue, Amber, Red which correspond to decreasing air quality (good to poor).
- Auto Mode and Sleep Mode – There are 2 modes to choose from: Auto Mode and Sleep Mode. On Auto Mode, the air purifier adjusts its fan speed depending on the air quality that it senses. On Sleep Mode, the air purifier uses its Light Sensor to detect the dimness of the room and adjusts fan speed and LED light brightness to ensure quiet, less distracting operation.
- Odor Sensor – Aside from an air quality indicator, the 5300-2 also has an Odor Sensor on its control panel that detects odor levels in the vicinity. When it detects high odor levels, it adjusts the fan speed accordingly.
- 4 Fan Speeds – There are 4 fan speeds to choose from: low, medium, high, and Turbo. For quiet operation, choose between low or medium. For more airflow and heavy duty cleaning, you can switch to high or turbo.
- Pre-Set Timer – The 5300-2 has a built-in timer that is pre-set so you can choose to run for 1 hour, 4 hours, and 8 hours.
- Light Sensor – The 5300-2 has a light sensor on its control panel which detects dimness in the room. When it detects low light levels, it automatically dims the LED panel and switches to lower settings for quieter and less distracting operation at night.
As previously mentioned, the 5300-2 works with a pre-filter to capture larger particles, followed by an AOC carbon filter for odors and chemical vapors, a True HEPA filter for allergens and bacteria, and a PlasmaWave ionizer to further breakdown these air pollutants. This entire purification system was built for combating an array of different household air pollutants.
The effectiveness of this unit is proven by its impressive CADR ratings for smoke, pollen, and dust. All this is backed by several different features that make using it easy and convenient. For example, it has an auto mode that allows you to set it and forget it because the unit takes care of everything for you.
Despite being a very powerful device, the 5300-2 operates very quietly, producing no more than 55 dB on the highest setting. On the lowest setting, the 5300-2 is virtually silent, producing no more than 27.8 dB of sound. Aside from being quiet, it’s also Energy Star certified to ensure energy efficiency.
Standing at over 23 inches tall and weighing 18 pounds, the 5300-2 is considered a console-type air purifier. What’s great about this unit is that it doesn’t look too plain or too over-the-top — it strikes the perfect balance between the two to give it a classic, timeless design.
It comes in grey only, with the front panel having the intake grill. Up top, we have the control panel and the air outlet grill. Overall, the 5300-2’s design is very sleek with a cutting-edge control panel to match.
Warranty and Support
Like most Winix products, the PlasmaWave 5300-2 comes with a 1-year limited warranty. Under this agreement, only defects in material and workmanship will be covered, with necessary costs shouldered by the manufacturer. The warranty will be nullified and voided once it is used for other purposes outside of the home, and if unauthorized modifications are made.
If you’re looking for an air purifier that tackles a wide array of different household air pollutants at an affordable price, then the Winix 5300-2 is one of the best options you can find on the market today! With its comprehensive air purification system and bevy of smart features, the 5300-2 proves to be an invaluable addition to any homeowner suffering from poor air quality.